- To organize and guide readers searching for information, respond to all library users’ requests, gradually improve information search engine of the National Library of Vietnam.
Services and products
- To organize talks and exhibition of materials by topic
- To manage, maintain and serve readers with books of the Reference and Professional Collection.
- To train library users how to search for information on many different resources and evaluate selected information.
- To develop and organize reference information sources in many different fields from current events, economy-social, technical information and professional information etc.
- To provide information on request in many different ways, such as Q&A, copies of materials, bibliography collecting, list of collections, selected information in paper format, via email or by post.
- To receive and respond directly to library users’ information request, via phone or email.
- To develop an own library’s search engine to perform tasks assigned, encode records and manage databases; produce information and documentary products.
- To implement information services at the address for library users inside and outside library building. Making records archive of information services on Q&A.
- To marketing and introduce readers services and information-documentary products of the National Library of Vietnam.
- To compile the regional bibliography and bibliography by topics.
- To manage the catalog system of the National Library of Vietnam
- Do research on the theory, learn from experience and make professional guidance; to build up performance evaluation and technical processing procedures on information reference.
- To compile regional bibliography and bibliography on topics
- To advice and support readers to locate appropriate information resources
- To train library users of how to search for information.