- To carry out technical processing of the Library’s periodicals published inland and overseas; to provide periodicals and related information services for readers in accordance to regulations.
Products and services
- To develop conservative plan for periodical publications inland and overseas.
- To serve readers’ need on periodical publications.
- To update and process and exploit databases and card catalog of periodical publications according to working procedure assigned.
- To do inventory and propose the purchase of periodical publications in addition to the library’s collection
- To organize, arrange, preserve and manage publications at open stacks and general storage.
- To do press clipping
- To learn from experience, to build up theoretical and practical of works assigned
- Human resource management, preservation and maintenance of facilities and equipments belonged to works assigned.
- To implement other tasks assigned by the Director and authorized person.
- An abstract database covering 62 titles of academic journals on subject areas such as politics, history, arts and culture, social – economy etc. the database currently has 50,130 records and an annual update of 14,000 records.
- To provide copies of original materials (paper and microfilm format) on request
- To compile subject bibliographies of newspaper and magazine articles.